Terry Jones Solicitors vacancies:
Receptionist - Telford office
An opportunity for a permanent full time Receptionist has arisen based at our Telford office.
A Receptionist’s daily tasks will involve:
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor logbook, issue visitor badges)
- Order front office supplies and keep inventory of stock
- Update calendars and schedule meetings
- Arrange travel and accommodations, and prepare vouchers
- Keep updated records of office expenses and costs
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing and faxing
- Booking meetings rooms
- Arranging couriers
- Franking outbound post
- Archiving - cover for holidays
The ideal Receptionist will have the following skills and experience:
- Friendly and polite
- IT literate
- Clear communication skills
- Positive and can do attitude
- Presentable, neat and tidy
TJConveyancing vacancies part of the bpl Solicitors group:
Conveyancer – TJConveyancing at our Telford office
An opportunity for a full time Solicitor/Cilex/Licensed Conveyancer/Legal Executive has arisen at our Telford office to work within the New Build Conveyancing department. We are looking to expand and recruit a fee earner due to the success of the office to date.
The candidate should be at least 2-5 years PQE or equivalent and capable of running their own caseloads.
- To provide a friendly, knowledgeable, proactive and professional service to our clients
- To ensure your caseload is accurately and efficiently processed, and all targets met within the allotted timescales
- The provision of expert legal advice in relation to residential conveyancing matters
- Drafting and approving complex legal documents and correspondence
- Conduct legal research and give appropriate advice.
- Protect the firm against service complaints and allegations of negligence by ensuring that all service and all advice is to the highest quality
- Effectively maintain and housekeep our case management system, reflecting the stage of the file, including accurate use of database, in accordance with the firms procedures as relayed from time to time
- Ensure that all post completion matters are dealt with in a timely manner and in accordance with Lender requirements
- Meet all deadlines within the specified timeframes
- Develop the practice of the firm by maintaining high standards of delivery and actively promoting all services wherever possible
- Possess a flexible approach in providing support to other teams dependent upon capacity, as required
The successful applicant will need to be enthusiastic and willing to market and generate work with full support from the team at the Telford office. They will also need to be friendly and approachable with both clients and professional contacts.
Paralegal – TJConveyancing at our Telford office
An opportunity for a full time Paralegal has arisen within the New Build Conveyancing department at our Telford office.
We are looking for applicants who are well organised, have a keen eye for detail and work well under pressure. Applicants must have a working knowledge of the Conveyancing process and an understanding of case management systems. Previous Paralegal experience is ideal.
The successful applicant will support the fee earners, providing assistance within a team environment delivering high standards of legal work and client care.
- To provide a friendly, knowledgeable and professional service to our clients
- Providing first point of contact, answering telephones
- Making calls to clients and introducers on a regular agreed basis to update them on the progress of the case
- Forging and Maintaining good relationships with the different introducers to the business
- Reassuring Clients and introducers where necessary and communicating necessary feedback to the team for action
- Taking control of the frequency of updating and monitoring the pipeline for the teamTo ensure that the actions within the Case Management System, is managed and dealt with within team targets
- To effectively maintain and housekeep case management, reflecting the stage of the file, including database, post, schedule and history
- To ensure any request concerning a work related matter received from the team leader is undertaken within the agreed timeframe. This may include chasing reports or action on a particular file.
- Checking client ID. To check and record using the appropriate office procedure
- Draft contracts
- Complete mortgage reports
- Prepare completion packs
- Deal with post completion matters, included but not limited to applications for registration
Legal Assistant – TJ Conveyancing at our Telford office
An opportunity for a Legal Assistant has arisen at our Telford office within the New Build Conveyancing department.
As a Legal Assistant, you will be:
- Drafting contracts.
- Progressing conveyancing matters from instruction through to completion.
- Dealing with exchanges.
- Assisting with enquiries.
- Providing administrative support to the fee earners in the department.
- Working on a varied caseload.
- Providing our clients with excellent service.
- Assisting with volume conveyancing including leasehold transactions.
- Dealing with post completion and Land Registry formalities.
It is our people and unique culture that define who we are as a firm. We are all dedicated to professionalism and excellence and achieving the best possible results for our clients. Our people genuinely care for each other. Everyone is valued and recognised for the role that they do and how it contributes to the overall success of the firm.
At Terry Jones in addition to excellent employee benefits, competitive salaries, the great working environment and exposure to high quality work we believe our people should be rewarded for their commitment and continued success of the firm. We therefore, offer a competitive core benefit scheme.
If you think you could bring something to the team and would like to find out more about the opportunities available, contact our HR Team by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Terry Jones is a progressive practice that continues to expand and prides itself in providing professional, practical and cost effective advice and assistance. Terry Jones is an equal opportunities employer.
Any enquiries regarding 'Recognised Training' should be sent to Anthony Iles, Human Resources Manager, with a covering letter and a copy of your CV via the following email link: email@example.com