Head of Employment
MLL Limited is widely regarded as a top 100 law firm and operates with various brands across the UK. Linder Myers Solicitors is one of the group of law firms. MLL are a “top ranked law firm” as awarded to us by leading legal directory Chambers and Partners and are a “leading firm” in the Legal 500. Our employee count currently exceeds 550, who are based across various offices throughout the country.
Full details of our history and mission can be found on our website, www.metamorphlaw.co.uk
Due to expansion we are looking to appoint a senior solicitor or other suitably qualified experienced advisor to head up the department in our Shrewsbury office, Abbey House, Abbey Foregate, Shrewsbury, SY2 6BH.
You will be an expert in handling both respondent and claimant employment law and ideally have a minimum of 5 years+ PQE. You will ideally have a following, or be well connected locally. Business development is a key aspect of this role, and you must have a proven record of success
As the ideal candidate you will be an integral part of the Employment team. The role is a varied and challenging position. We operate on national service lines and our team is headed up by Alan Lewis.
- Run and develop your own caseload
- Provide advice to clients on a variety of employment law issues
- Draft documents, ie contracts, settlement agreements, policies, procedures and handbooks
- Take and draft witness statements
- Analyse and evaluate evidence of cases
- Conduct pre-hearing reviews
- Undertake research
- Conduct advocacy
- Liaise with clients and other professionals such as barristers
- Represent clients at Employment Tribunals
- Be business development focused
- Ability and desire to sell our fixed price employment law retainer, Employ-Line.
- Deliver presentations/seminars on employment matters
- Excellent client care skills
- Professional with a pro-active approach
- Highly effective communicator
- Concise and clear document drafting
- Excellent organisational skills
- Conscientious and hardworking
- Team player
For our regional websites and to read more about our other brands under the group, please visit:
For more information, please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
By submitting your details, you are agreeing to share your data with the Metamorph Group of Companies. To opt out; please see details on our privacy statement by clicking here.