Risk and Audit Manager
Reports to: Group Head of Compliance
Salary: Depending upon experience
Metamorph Group Limited (“Metamorph”) is a holding company of various legal practices regulated as ABSs by the SRA. The Group acquires local law firms and prides itself on maintaining their brand identity and local service provision post acquisition. The law firms practice under a number of trading styles.
This position is within Metamorph Group Services Limited. This Company employs support staff delivering key supplies support services to the wider Metamorph Group companies.
Purpose of role/role objectives
- To develop of risk models involving market, financial and operational risks, assure controls are operating effectively, and provide research and analytical support to the Group.
- Reviewing, organising and managing the internal audit programme.
- Overseeing the process of audits, making recommendations on policies, and ensuring that the Group fulfils it obligations of compliance.
- Assisting with the due diligence and integration of new Group acquisitions.
- Designing and implementing an overall risk management framework for the organisation.
- Analysing current risks and identifying potential risks to the Group.
- Proving regular risk reporting to different areas of the business, ensuring business heads understand the risks that might affect their departments and that individuals understand their own accountability for individual risks.
- Creating business continuity plans and crisis management.
- Line management for audit team.
- Building compliance and risk awareness amongst employees by providing support and training within the Group.
- Any other task reasonably expected.
- Candidates must be or have most (if not all) of the following:
- Similar experience within a law firm.
- An understanding of law firm operations and the compliance framework within which they operate.
- The ability to work at a Group level and working alongside a diverse collection of brands.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to command respect quickly but avoiding confrontation.
- The ability to build strong working relationships with key individuals.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- A positive, ambitious attitude.
- A pragmatic problem solver.
- Reliable, committed, loyal and hardworking.
- IT literate and capable.
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail.
Additional notes or information
This role may require travel to various Group offices as required to fulfil the responsibilities.
The duties and responsibilities in this job description are not exhaustive and are subject to change in accordance with the needs of the Group.
Information on how we handle applicants’ personal data is available on our website.
For more information about these roles, please contact Dawn Everton on email@example.com
By submitting your details, you are agreeing to share your data with the Metamorph Group of Companies. To opt out; please see details on our privacy statement by clicking here.