Continuing to help make Wills
The outbreak of Coronavirus is causing significant disruption to our everyday lives at present.
Terry Jones Solicitors is committed to continuing to provide an excellent service to our clients, even in this time of uncertainty.
Changing or updating your Will
If you would like to change or amend your Will, we remain open and are more than happy to help. Our telephone lines remain open and our lawyers are contactable via email and their mobiles.
We can discuss changes to your Will over the phone and can offer video calls too. We will then draft a new document that will be sent to you for review. Once you have approved, and are happy with the new document, we will issue you a final copy for signing.
In normal times we would usually oversee the witnessing of your Will. However, following the social distancing guidelines issued by the Government, we will no longer be able to do so as a matter of course. We will send you instructions on how your Will can be signed without the need to attend our offices. In exceptional circumstances we will do our best to assist with the witnessing procedures, subject to compliance with the Government regulations.
Reasons to update your Will
We recommend a regular review of Wills and we hope the following will assist you to do so:
- Are all your beneficiaries still alive/appropriate?
- Are there new potential beneficiaries e.g. grandchildren
- Have your assets changed so that legacies are now too large/too small?
- Have your circumstances changed e.g. have you moved and changed the way in which your house is held with co-owners?
- Have you disposed of items specifically given away in your Will?
- Are all your executors still appropriate and willing/able to act?
- Have you bought a funeral plan you want to make sure is recorded in your Will?
- Are there inheritance Tax or Care fee issues that are troubling you?
Your local solicitor
Terry Jones Solicitors are staying up to date with the announcements and will continue to act for our clients in the most effective way possible.
If you would like to discuss your current Will or talk through any changes, please don’t hesitate to get in contact on 01743 285 888 or email email@example.com< < back to latest news